The Project Management Unit (UGP-IPVC) is a functional unit of the Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo that evolved from the Technology, Innovation, and Knowledge Transfer Workshop (OTIC) created under Priority Axis 7, Measure 7.1 – “Development of Technology, Innovation, and Knowledge Competency Centers” – of the Information Society Operational Program (POSC).
UGP-IPVC constitutes an interface unit between IPVC and the national and international scientific and technological system, the business and industrial context, and the local authorities and community organizations. Its purpose is to help develop IPVC’s mission for research, development, innovation, and knowledge transfer for the economic, scientific, and social appreciation of collaborative RDI&KT activities.
UGP-IPVC’s areas of responsibility and respective services:
- Manage and pursue national and international funding opportunities for RDI&KT
- Support the provision of specialized RDI&KT projects and services
- Support knowledge- and innovation-based entrepreneurial initiatives of the academic community
- Provide organizational support to IPVC Research Units
- Provide support in the registration and management of industrial property
- Support the institution’s strategic management
More information about this unit can be found in UGP-IPVC’S functional Regulations.